First Music Video DVX 100a at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 7th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #1
New Boot

First Music Video DVX 100a

what's up guys

Just finish wrapping up my first Music video. I built a camera stabilizer modifying The Poor Man's Steadicam by Johnny Chung Lee. I used some reflectors and played the track off a small radio on location. I didn't have much of a budget so I focused on composition and framing.

Slang and Doc "Get'em Outta Here / Dimes Of Yay"
Album: Boot 2 Grill
Director:Jay Masters
Right Turn Productions

Check out the rough cut on www.video.google.com.
Search: P.Doc or Jay Espinal

I would love to hear what you guys think. I just finished CC, waiting for the good folks at video.google.com to post the final CC version on the h.264 codec.
Jay C Masters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #2
Regular Crew

looks pretty good. I can see it needs a little more editing, but so far it is pretty decent.

Goodluck
Gary Franks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks for watching
Old January 7th, 2006, 06:02 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I like it. It's got a good flow to it. Nice colours. In the first part, I felt there was too much headroom in some shots. And the blown out sky in many shots bothered me a bit. There are a few cuts here or there that seemed too quick, some shots seemed to appear for a fraction of a second. I like the 2nd part better. It was simpler, and the edit seemed to match the music better.
Old January 8th, 2006, 04:44 PM   #5
New Boot

I appreciate your comments guys thank you. I understand what you mean Jean-Francois, I had a big set back in the production due to the fact that P.Doc was shoot twice in the back later that night and I couldn't do a re-shoot. Yeah the blown out shy sucks..lol. I'm glad that by way of this video I learned more about the camera filters and shutter speeds to fix this problem in the future.

The second portion went off without any problems and I was able to take my time, although looking back I would have done a few things different.

As far as the editing, i was going for a fast pase. But I thought it might be too fast aswell.
Old January 9th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Just to make it clear, I like the overall fast pace of the piece. There are just a small number of cuts here and there that I felt went by too fast.
Old January 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #7
Major Player

The one other thing I noticed, and this was on some of the closer headshots too, was trying to get that lip sync tuned up a little closer. It was off enough in a few places I really noticed it.

Overall I liked it too. 2nd half of the video had a much more invisible edit to it which smoothed it out
Jeremy Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 10:01 AM   #8
New Boot

Thank you for that observation Jeremy I will fix that before outputing to tape. and yeah I did like the second video myself.
Jay C Masters is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work