New Music Video Shot With An Xl1 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old April 3rd, 2006, 03:24 PM   #46
New Boot

Not that I know off. Here is the my space thingy he has.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=65295883
Waheed AlQawasmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:59 PM   #47
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Hughes
Hey Ash, I know this isnt the right forum... but would love to see (or get the title) to that vid. I'm sure its pretty sweet seeing your other work.

It was "Save Me" by Hanson. You can find it on the net. They had no time to record a new video so I took some live footage and effected it. It doesnt seem like much now but the effect was VERY hard to do then. In order to get the sketched looked I had to export every frame into Photoshop and add multiple effects, first make it B&W, then negative, the adjust the contrast and finally a charcoal pencil filter. Then I had to re-import it into Premiere and build the video. For the colorized part, I simply overlayed the uneffected video and made it 80% transparent. Nowadays, it is simply right click, add filter!!!!!!

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 11:01 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Well I guess there's not going to be anymore examples of what main stream artists have shot videos on DV/HDV and aired on MTV, VH-1, etc. in prime time by the author of this thread or his supporters. So, I will mention one. I was working on an HD music video last week featuring George Huff, a top ten American Idol contestant. It was shot with the Panasonic DVC Pro HD Varicam. The director shoots all of TLC's videos and several other big names on film and HD. Well, he said that several R Kelly videos had been shot on HDV and aired on MTV in primetime. Well, after hearing that, I had to post it here and prove myself wrong, because I actually admit it. Just because there have been a select few produced on these formats though, doesn't mean that DV or HDV is widely accepted.

Last edited by James Emory; April 26th, 2006 at 01:58 PM.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #49
Major Player

Wow james, pat yourself on the back. I think it was decided a while ago that the majority of videos played on MTV are chosen due to popularity, not format. If whatever popular artist decided to shoot on HI8 right now, the video would probably air. But they wouldn't, because they can afford film.
Jay Kavi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work