The Beautiful Lie - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:51 AM   #46
Regular Crew

The Beautiful Lie is an official selection of the Seattle True Independent Film Festival. It also won the Award of Distinction from the Videographer Awards.

Thank for continuing to vote! Only 2 1/2 weeks to go! Keep on voting.

Josh
Old May 2nd, 2006, 06:30 PM   #47
Major Player

Forgot to post a congrats to you on this.

I watched it a couple of weeks ago on the run and must say I thought it was good.

The slient moments were my favorite, Just really well done.

Good work, keep it up
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2006, 03:55 PM   #48
New Boot

Could someone tell me the title of the song at the very beginning? I cannot find it...I know someone said it was from Road to Perdition...but I skimmed the entire soundtrack and still cannot find it :(

Thanks...and I LOVE the movie by the way. Great work!
Chad Keck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:05 AM   #49
Major Player

I think its called Ghosts.

Andy.
Old May 24th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #50
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Graham
I think its called Ghosts.

Andy.
Thanks...I think I downloaded 30 different songs with 'Ghost' in the title, but still no luck :(
Chad Keck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #51
Major Player

Josh, other trailers are very impressive as well. I didn't read this thread through very observantly. So i don't know if anybody managed ask You to put other films for download as well. Now i am starting to watch full lenght The Beautiful Lie.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 05:50 PM   #52
Regular Crew

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to let you know I heard from MTV and I am one of the top 2 vote getters for the award. I will be walking the red carpet and attending the taping of the awards on June 3rd and they will air on the 8th.

Thank you all for you support and votes.

Josh
Old June 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM   #53
Regular Crew

First off I thought this was excellent (just watched it for the first time). I really liked most of the shots ... the saturation really seemed to match the mood.

As mentioned before, that speck on the lens was really unfortunate and just goes to show that you can never check and recheck every bit of your feed enough. I can see how that could be fairly easy to overlook, especially with your display constantly on and just "getting use" to it being there.

Sooooooo??? What was the outcome from MTVu? Don't forget your friends here @ DVi :)
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Chris Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 02:42 PM   #54
Regular Crew

I won an MTV Movie Award!

Hey everyone,

I wanted to let you know that last Saturday I attended the 2006 MTV Movie Awards where they announced me as the winner of the first ever mtvU Student Filmmaker Award. I was handed a Golden Popcorn by Zach Braff and gave a speech.

The awards will be airing tonight at 8:30 (preshow) and 9:00 PM (awards).

It was quite a trip and I'll write more about it later.
Old June 8th, 2006, 02:44 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Outstanding! You deserved it. Well done, man. Can't wait to see what you do next.
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Chris Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2006, 08:19 PM   #56
Major Player

I posted kudos for this once before, Josh, when you first showed the trailer, and I'll post them again. Congrats!

I had issue with was the smoking. It seemed a bit cliche rather than adding to the video or her character in any way.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted on your next project!
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 08:41 AM   #57
New Boot

awed

josh,

i am awed by what you've done. the footage is amazing and i am intrigued by your character study. what i love the most, however, is the fact that you're out there doing your thing. its one thing to talk about it; it's entirely another to actually go and tell stories through DV (or film). this is the kind of thing we all aspire to and you fully deserve the recognition thats coming your way. congratulations!

no doubt many of us will keep a keen eye on your work. may you find continous favor as you pursue your filmmaking.

dan
Daniel Abbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2006, 04:50 PM   #58
Regular Crew

Goin Big Time!

Article in Saturday's Seattle Times.

http://archives.seattletimes.nwsourc...=Beautiful+Lie

Congratulations, Josh
Bill Zens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:43 PM   #59
Major Player

Josh, I enjoyed watching your film. I like the mood you establish, though I agree with one poster that some of the "inner termoil" scenes go on too long.
A lot of people have commented on the great music, but its an actual track from an artist isn't it? (it sounds familar). I was just wondering how you approached the label/publisher for permission to use the music, as we went through the same issue with our final project in school, but had a hard time getting responses and eventually had to settle for a not so great track that we had permission to use.
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2006, 10:47 PM   #60
Regular Crew

Hi Cal,

Thanks for your response. The music was actually created for this film by a great composer named Michael Tremante. He was an associate producer on the first Lord of the Rings album.

We didn't have to pay him anything either.

Josh

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work