snowboard movie trailer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Show Your Work
Let's see what you're doing!

Old January 29th, 2007, 04:33 AM   #1
Major Player

snowboard movie trailer

check it out and let me know what you think, its on frontpage: www.swb.ee

we have some nice expensive cars there, some explosions and some cool cable cam and dolly shots...

shot with crappy vx2100
(i wish i was filming it with my new hvx+m2 equipment)
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #2
Major Player

what do i click to view it?
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Beautiful images. Thrilling action shots. Crisp editing. There's only one thing wrong with it...I don't know what it's about.

If this is a trailer for a film I need to have a good idea what the story is about by the time it's over. All I get out of this is some great snowboarding footage interspersed with cars spinning around for no apparent reason. I get no sense that there is a story here.
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Pulcinella
Beautiful images. Thrilling action shots. Crisp editing. There's only one thing wrong with it...I don't know what it's about.

If this is a trailer for a film I need to have a good idea what the story is about by the time it's over. All I get out of this is some great snowboarding footage interspersed with cars spinning around for no apparent reason. I get no sense that there is a story here.

snowboard films dont typically have stories. they're more like a series of consecutive montages of sponsored riders. typically videos are made by snowboard companies who have a "team" of riders that ride for them, they go out and film the riders doing their thing, hitting rails, jumps, etc... and then they sell the video to kids in skateshops. it's a great promotional tool, it says "hey, check out our company, we've got this rider and he can do THIS! aren't we cool? buy our stuff!" ...but other times certain companies will take a more documentary approach and mix the footage with interviews and document their trips around the world as they travel to all these different areas, those are the good videos.

i hope that cleared that up. oh yea, skateboard videos are like that too. check out Transworld, they make really good skate/snowboard videos.
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #5
Major Player

I see. I was unaware. I thought it was a narrative film that used snowboarding as a backdrop.
Michael Pulcinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2007, 08:55 AM   #6
Major Player

you are right Briyan, its actually snowboard movie and those narrative shots are intros for each rider. So every snowboarder has 1-2min intro before riding section.

Im not doing it for any other company though, i started it on my own and later on asked some support money. I already spent so much money and time on it, so i wont make it back, thats for sure...

Alex, u just have to click on play. Before that you have to get divx player though...
Old January 31st, 2007, 06:56 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andzei Matsukevits
Im not doing it for any other company though, i started it on my own and later on asked some support money. I already spent so much money and time on it, so i wont make it back, thats for sure...
there were some really awesome shots in there, nice use of the camera supports. i've actually been working on a snowboarding film this year too, and unfortunatly i dont have all the fancy gear that you have but if you've got a minute, you should check out my trailer too.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1849393455

i'd like to know what you think.
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2007, 01:39 AM   #8
Regular Crew

I like the Video on the main page, not sure if thats your reel or not, but all the shots were amazing :)
Old February 1st, 2007, 02:16 AM   #9
Major Player

thanks again,

Bryan, i'll check out your video tonight, i dont have flash on this PC. Actually my gear is not fancy at all, i built my cable cam and dolly track all by myself. Cable cam system is not hard to do at all, takes 1-2 days to build. But there is the risk of crashing your camera though. My dolly still shaking like hell when shooting with tripod, shooting on hand its ok.
If you want to get great inspiration for snowboard movie check out Elekrep(actually if u put it backwards - Perkele, it means Damn!) To my mind its the best snowboard movie ever done. www.elekrep.com
Its free also!

Giuseppe, its not my reel. Its more like collection of the best shots in video.
Old February 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM   #10
Major Player

Bryan, i've checked your video, i liked it. Your riders are twice as good as mine, lucky you. Maybe if i were you, i would put in some more jumps, coz regular people like it. They usually dont get the idea of hiting the rails...
Old February 1st, 2007, 03:48 PM   #11
Regular Crew

thanks! and yea, my riders are pretty sick. we dont have many shots of jumps or back country yet because we havent been getting that much snow in quebec this year, it's really really bad. but we are going to be building a huge table top at the end of the month, we've got a snowmobile to tow us in and everything, it should be pretty awesome.

let me know if you put another trailer or more footage up on your site.

peace
Bryan Wilkat is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Show Your Work