Warranty Issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old December 7th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Warranty Issues

Have the SI team thought about the warranty for the camera and components? So far your team has been nothing short of fantastic on its customer service, but I still like to know how long this relationship is going to last. :)
Bhaskar Dhungana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #2
Trustee

It's a standard one-year parts and replacement warranty, although to be honest, those who aren't in the first major shipment (i.e., those who have gotten either early version cameras or pre-release cameras) need to contact Steve as that "one-year" is probably not going to be a hard cut-off date.

Since you're in that club, I would definitely contact him. It would be a minimum of one year regardless, but again, because you're an early tester, that one-year date will probably be a bit more flexible, although how flexible I'm not sure since I'm not involved in those policy decisions.

As far as those who have a MINI right now and are waiting for their SI-2K, again, contact Steve on the offical word, but suffice to say, we're here for you, so there's nothing to worry about. But just saying, if you want an "official" statement, he's the one to get it from.

Thanks,

Jason
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K