Glass for SI-2K - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old April 9th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Hi

The 12-120 does vignette all the way through if wide open, but very good glass.
We bought one with broken c-mount and rebuilt it to IMS.

-Kaspar
Kaspar Kallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #17
Inner Circle

Kaspar.

I am rather anxious that people do not make haste to eBay in great transports of anticipatory joy to buy 12-120mm lenses on the strength of inaccurate info from me. Is your lens the cup mounted inbuilt viewfinder Angenieux 12-120mm with the c-mount threaded ring holding it to the camera?

The vignette. Is this a sharp black corner crop which comes and goes or is it faint darkening corners or darkening ring just in from the wide frame sides?

Do you have a pattern for mounting the Kinoptik 5.7mm direct to IMS? I could work it out as I have already done an offset S16 CP mount for it but if you have one the info would be greatly appreciated. I have an in-cabin aircraft shoot coming up on April 18th and have to have it ready by then.

Last edited by Bob Hart; April 9th, 2009 at 12:47 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 11:48 AM   #18
Major Player

Lens worth looking into.. I'm using it all the time and love it.

Switar POE 16-100 cmount. (made for the bolex) t-1.9
Bulky and big lens, strange iris control, but really sharp, and fast!

For documentary work, this lens has been a blessing! Using this over my primes and my ang. 12-120.

FrameDiscreet.com transfers // cinematography

justin lovell
Justin Lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Pan Cinor Som-Berthoit 17mm - 85mm

In response to another thread topic, I tried this lens on the SI2K. It has an optical viewfinder.

The blessings are mixed.

It seems to cover the 2048 x 1152 frame. There is edge/corner brightness falloff wide-open which largely goes away at f4.

The side-finder, allows the lens to mount up with the IMS clamp ring in place unlike the Angeniuex with sidefinder. However, the slanted prism path for the eyepiece butts against the full recorder unit body so the lens cannot be fitted with the sidefinder attached. It would work fine on the Mini head remoted from the recorder unit body.

http://exposureroom.com/members/DARA...367f3471f86fb/

Last edited by Bob Hart; August 9th, 2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: added URL
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K