Music video FAME shot with SI-2K Mini at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old October 5th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #1
Trustee

Music video FAME shot with SI-2K Mini

Hey, just finished - you can watch my Fame music video online:

LG Fame Us | Welcome

Showing off SI-2K's high frame rate mode, too! :)

Oh, and I had to blow up a skylight on my roof for special effect. I think it was worth it, although neighbors did not seem happy at the time. I never liked that skylight anyway, you know. (Tip: when blowing stuff up, point your SI-2K cam away from the explosion. This way you are protecting the lens.) ;) i kid, i kid...

Starring Ika, she's a great person and a fantastic dancer and choreographer.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Alex.

I can hear and feel my bones crack just thinking about trying to throw a kick like that. The cityscape shot inspires me to try to get around how to do it again. I only had one good one out of five takes but that was mismanagement on my part.

Blowing stuff up?

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/silicon-...stralia-3.html

Scroll down the page until you see a group of four frame grabs. Frame 4 is Steve Rice staying safe behind a blast barrier which had a lexan sheet to keep the bad stuff off the lens.

Last edited by Bob Hart; October 6th, 2009 at 05:29 AM. Reason: added text
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #3
Trustee

BTW, cityscape is a view out of my window.
Old October 6th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #4
Trustee

Yes, Ika the dancer is kicking! :)
Old October 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #5
Silicon Imaging, Inc.

Blowing stuff up

Keep in mind that one of the fun parts of the IMS mount is that you can put a used Nikon F lens on there for about $50 used from B&H, run a 30m cable to the camera and do a few takes without worrying too much. It would take a lot to hurt the MINI. If you needed wide angle, you could try C mount. Just stay away from the CCTV lenses. Maybe a Navitar or Fujinon industrial lens as a sacrificial lens would be good.

Very cool video.
Steve
Steve Nordhauser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 03:59 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nordhauser View Post
It would take a lot to hurt the MINI.
NO! No, no, no!

No-one is touching, let alone hurting my Mini!

:)

OK, I had to let it out.

Now guys, I appreciate the explosions advise but I have to confess that nothing was really blown up in my video. What you see in the video is a post-production visual effect I did myself in After Effects.

I kinda expected sarcastic comments regarding that, but if you thought it was an actual explosion, well, I'm very pleased :) That's what I was shooting for, no pun intended.

Many thanks for your kind words regarding video. The post was murder and I barely made the contest deadline after working virtually 24/7 for a couple days.

BUT SI-2K Mini is fantastic, a pleasure to work with, and I literally almost cried when I saw the result of 150fps footage. (Now of course I want at least 300fps, but hey ;)
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K