Workflow Question. . . at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old May 31st, 2006, 10:14 AM   #1
New Boot

Workflow Question. . .

You guys have mentioned having Apple/Final Cut Pro support by the time this camera rolls out. This would be my workflow so I'm curious if someone could lay out exactly how this would work for us Mac users. Maybe a flowchart or something that demonstrates the process from image capture to final post/color timing. I'm trying to pitch this camera to my producer and this info would be helpful.
Jason Cunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2006, 06:05 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have currently porting the CineForm codec to Quicktime for Mac and PC operations. Initialially the codec will be optimized for the Intel Mac (CineForm component are already heavy optimized for Intel parts) have G5 binaries should be made available for compatibility with old Macs. The camera files can be transfer via EtherNet or the drive directly mounted via USB2. These files will playback within any QuickTime application. The CineForm RAW MOV files will operate within Final Cut Pro just like any other third party codec. You can use you compete your post/color work just the same as if you where using BitJazz or another codec. The workflow is going to be pretty seemless. There are some new features for FCP, such as post-manipulation of the color matrices for the decoded data -- integration into FCP has yet to be determined.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K