Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 works on Windows Mac Bootcamp ? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old August 9th, 2006, 03:34 AM   #1
New Boot

Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 works on Windows Mac Bootcamp ?

Hello there, supposing to have the new Mac Pro, bootcamp on Windows and install Adobe Premiere 2.0 :
This configuration:
# 2 x Intel Xeon dual-core a 3GHz
# 16GB (8 x 2GB)
# NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 512MB, Stereo 3D (2 x DVI dual-link)
# Serial ATA 500GB 7200 giri/min 3Gb/sec
# 2 x SuperDrive
etc...

Do you know if it works flawlessy as native pc (with 16gigs of Ram, I know windows sp2 supports max 4 gigs of ram If I remember correctly)? Someone of Silicon Imaging could answer this question, there aren't official benchmark of Adobe.
And if some driver is missing, Adobe Premiere could not work right?
Considering that Adobe is a partner of Silicon, I'm sure that you know if it works!
This could be a nice news and stops a little my headache! :)

p.s.: Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 works also with Rosetta? Any problems? And it's better install on bootcamp windows as I've illustrated?
Hideaki Anno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 04:07 AM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Considering that Adobe is a partner of Silicon, I'm sure that you know if it works!
Well, nobody's got a machine yet, so actually, it may or may not work . . . but I can tell you this. The Macbook Pro ran Premiere Pro flawlessly, and pretty much, when running Windows XP acted just like any other PC laptop, although much sexier ;)

So, if the same is true for the Mac Pro's, then you're in for a treat . . . under the hood, the Mac Pro's seem just like any other Woodcrest/Xeon workstation you could purchase on the market from Dell, etc. I think the main issue is if the video cards that Apple is using are somehow OEM, and also if you need a custom BIOS/driver, etc. for the motherboard to work properly in Windows. I know on the Macbook Pro you needed the latest firmware update before bootcamp would work successfully, so this may be an issue with the Mac Pro's. In other words, there may not be a firmware update for the Mac Pro's that allows it to work with the current versions of bootcamp out right now, and you may have to wait for an update. But since nobody has run one yet, I'm not sure.
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 04:17 AM   #3
New Boot

Great news! So if Mac Book Pro can run Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 on windows "bootcamped" good, we've already a good news! But I've not understood if Premiere 2.0 works also with Rosetta but not so good as windows bootcamp, right?
And why there's (maybe) an Oem problem for new graphic cards of Mac Pro, if it runs without problems with those cards into Mac Book Pro (i don't remember what they are) according your words?
Mmm...let me think about that....could be firmware problems with motherboard of new Mac Pro, right? We gonna wait if someone try to install windows on this new macs, and we know the truth...
Hideaki Anno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 06:57 AM   #4
Trustee

I would suggest waiting . . .

Apple came out with a complete drivers set for Windows and the Macbooks . . . I haven't seen anything similar for the Mac Pro's yet.

Also Rosetta is for PowerPC emulation on Intel, it will not allow you to run Windows and Premiere Pro 2.0. For that you will need Bootcamp and an extra Windows XP installation disk, and boot directly into Windows XP on the Mac Pro (so i.e., OSX is not available at the same time as Windows, you have to boot into one or the other).
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K