Si-4k? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old November 7th, 2006, 07:20 PM   #1
Tourist

Si-4k?

Silicon Imaging team,

First, thank you. As an indie filmmaker I greatly appreciate what you (and the Red team) are doing for our profession/hobby/obsession. Please excuse me if this has already been addressed...

While 2k is a dream come true, and certainly all I would need for my next few projects, I am still thinking ahead to the possibility of one day shooting 4k.

So my question is: Might a 4k camera head be released in the future? One that could simply replace the 2k head, with a software update if needed.

~Michael J. Asquith
www.2chums.com
Michael Asquith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #2
Silicon Imaging

Dreams of the future!

Michael,

The architecture for a 4K system would be very different from 2K. We are SI-2K uses Gigabit Ethernet as our the transport layer from the MINI to deliver up to 100MB/sec throughput. To do 4K RAW would require 4x the data rate and 4x the backend processing power. Maybe that is one of the reasons Intel wants to work with us on quad core solutions in the future ;-) !

Ari Presler
Silicon Imaging
www.siliconimaging.com

PS. We enjoy hearing your appreciation. Thank you!
Ari Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #3
Tourist

Thanks Ari.
Michael Asquith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K