CineForm RAW clips now available - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old May 16th, 2007, 07:38 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rodriguez View Post
CineForm RAW is very cool in that it decodes to 4:4:4 . . . so the data is stored in a RAW format, which is not an RGB image, nor does it have a color-space, but when we actually demosaic the bayer data, we create a full 444 RGB image.

So yes, essentially it's like working with frames from a Canon DSLR, only at 24fps, and you always have access to the RAW information because it's wrapped in a codec . . . if you had to go through a render application, that RAW information would get "baked" or permanently "developed", and there would be no way to get back to the RAW data controls.

If you want some more information on this whole workflow process, read the powerpoint presentation I gave at NAB this year in the Post Production World conference.

You can get the power-point here: http://www.siliconimaging.com/Digita...wWorkflows.ppt

Yep :)
hi jason,

just went through all your slides... very good presentation! i always thought a 3-d lut meant that a color depended on the previous history of that color so, red for example red = f(raw red, time); i guess tha'ts 2d! instead of red = f(raw red, raw green, raw blue). hadn't really thought about it in detail. how embarassing!
Ali Husain is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K