How many here are buying a SI-2K? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Silicon Imaging SI-2K
2/3" 1080p IT-integrated 10-bit digital cinema w/direct-to-disk recording.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 10:45 AM   #16
Regular Crew

how much is it?
David Braund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:49 PM   #17
Major Player

Pricing is on Silicon's website.

www.siliconimaging.com
John DeLuca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 07:39 AM   #18
Trustee

Worth every penny.
If you're coming from cameras like the Z1, it's a bit of a shock at first though. The image is nothing like video and there's no long list of in camera image tweaking to do, exposure and focus and that's it. About as close to shooting film as it gets. In post there seems to be no limit to the way you can push the image around.
The DVR software is excellent too, just simple, usefull stuff that helps get the job done without getting lost in menus.
My only question is why has it taken so long for someone to build a camera like this.
Bob Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 01:04 AM   #19
Major Player

I could never find the price. Would someone mind posting it.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Sergio,
I totally understand what you are going through. I felt the same way until I got my hands on SI-2K for beta testing. I feel there are still minor issues that SI team needs to iron out and that is why think SI is giving you a July schedule, to be sure that you have a perfect solution.

I was regretting buying SI-2K instead of RED sometime back. But it looks like RED is also facing major setbacks with their camera.

I don't need 4K right now and I am quite happy with SI's workflow. Yes, I wish they would be a little forthcoming about their delivery schedules but I think they are also worried about scaring their potential customers away if they keep their delivery dates to far out. Other than that, the customer service, especially when it comes to "crunch time" is quite commendable.

To tell you the truth, I hardly use the DVR in my production because the Mini and laptop setup is so easy. Its only when there is handheld and steadycam shots that you "need" the body.

Please let me know how your film out goes. In fact, I would be willing to pay for a test print and courier charges if you can make that available to us. I have not been able to do a film out here.

All in all, I think you'll get a good deal here.

Bhaskar
Bhaskar Dhungana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 12:12 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
I could never find the price. Would someone mind posting it.
We have intentionally not posted the price list in public due to the unstable US dollar vs. the Euro and how that affects pricing. We will eventually post a price list, but please bare with us as many people who will download this price list will be international customers, so we want to get to a good fixed location so that the price list covers everything without needing adjustments or updates. That should hopefully happen soon.

In the meantime, Steve Nordhauser can supply you with a current price list if you contact him. His email address is steve@siliconimaging.com
Jason Rodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2008, 04:39 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Film out

Hey Bhaskar

We have shot a commercial feature with the SI in Israel last summer and have done a few filmouts at Fotokem in L.A. via Fedex.
they were very helpfull, you just have to take into account their busy scheduale.

the Filmouts were very basic, testing grain structure, low level lighting , highlights Latitude and of course resolution.they were each about a min and a half long.
we had Fotokem print the Raw footage and no LUT so that we could avaluate the film stock as neutral as possible.

Lior
Lior Molcho is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > HD and UHD ( 2K+ ) Digital Cinema > Silicon Imaging SI-2K