Tutorials?? Sony PXW-X70 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old November 8th, 2014, 05:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Tutorials?? Sony PXW-X70

Hi, Just received my new Sony PXW-X70. I know it hasn't been out to long, but was wondering if there are any in depth tutorials on the settings, etc. As you know, owners manuals are pretty vague. Thanks, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:47 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Tutorials?? Sony PXW-X70

The detailed testing detailed in posts on the X70 forums already on dvinfo.net by Paul Anderegg and Christopher Young are the most extensive info on using this camera that I know of. I suggest finding those and using those as starting points - they've done lots of groundwork for you. Not on general use of the camera, but on settings and color adjustments, etc.
David Dixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank You David...... I sincerely appreciate your help. Have a great Holiday. Ray
Old November 27th, 2014, 08:37 PM   #4
Trustee

Ray, I found the tutorials from the manual worked well for me. I actually powered up the camera, and read the online manual, adjusting each setting as I read it's specific functions on each page. That should suffice in assisting you in setting custom buttons, zebra, how to adjust the white balance etc. For more in depth picture profile settings, you can dig through this post or the XAVC forum for more advice. :-)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2014, 10:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Awesome! Thanks for your help and advice..... Ray
Old December 28th, 2014, 03:05 PM   #6
Regular Crew

The main thing I would like to find is what others are using in regards to picture profiles and how/if they tweaked them along with pic's or video. With the PXW-X70 being so new, I really haven't found anything out there. If anyone knows of any or a particular Sony XDCAM that comes close to the X70 please let me know. Your help would be most appreciated. Have a great holiday, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds