X70 FW Update - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old November 25th, 2014, 04:58 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Re: X70 FW Update

Never had a problem with a Sony FW update... smooth and easy every time... Alphas, Cybershots, Handycams...never a problem if I followed the directions , which sometimes have some quirky steps. I find I leave the directions up after downloading the updates so I can go down the list of steps, and I'm a "who needs stinkin' directions" kinda guy!

Maybe a bad cable or connection? I seem to recall Sony strongly suggested using the USB cable included with the camera, and I know I've got so many USB cables running around I don't know what came with what! And there are USB cables that will "fit" at the ends, but are wired differently...

Just a thought, could be completely wrong, but thought I'd mention it.
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 06:30 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Another other need is to connect to mains power for upgrading most of the Sony camcorders and they can tell whether power is mains or battery. At least my NX5U and FDR-AX1need to be on mains powerto updte nd they can tell if it is not.
Ron Evans
Ron Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 07:54 AM   #18
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Griffiths View Post
Does anyone have an idea what I should do now?
I had a similar experience on one Windoze box but it had a utility called 'USB Safely Remove' in place of the normal Windows safely remove icon. No way would this PC upgrade the X70. Moved to a another Win 7 box that was running the normal Win USB safely remove icon and hey presto it upgraded without an issue. Go figure!

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:00 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Blackhurst View Post
Never had a problem with a Sony FW update... smooth and easy every time... Alphas, Cybershots, Handycams...never a problem if I followed the directions , which sometimes have some quirky steps. I find I leave the directions up after downloading the updates so I can go down the list of steps, and I'm a "who needs stinkin' directions" kinda guy!

Maybe a bad cable or connection? I seem to recall Sony strongly suggested using the USB cable included with the camera, and I know I've got so many USB cables running around I don't know what came with what! And there are USB cables that will "fit" at the ends, but are wired differently...

Just a thought, could be completely wrong, but thought I'd mention it.
Thanks, I made sure I used the cable supplied with the camera. Have downloaded 4 versions including one from Singapore ( i live inThailand). not sure what Paul meant when he said ' make sure the version is for your region'
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:19 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Evans View Post
Another other need is to connect to mains power for upgrading most of the Sony camcorders and they can tell whether power is mains or battery. At least my NX5U and FDR-AX1need to be on mains powerto updte nd they can tell if it is not.
Ron Evans
Thanks,
Tried that too, still no luck I'm on an iMac, I'll try on my wife's Win7 to see if that works
Old November 26th, 2014, 01:58 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Young View Post
I had a similar experience on one Windoze box but it had a utility called 'USB Safely Remove' in place of the normal Windows safely remove icon. No way would this PC upgrade the X70. Moved to a another Win 7 box that was running the normal Win USB safely remove icon and hey presto it upgraded without an issue. Go figure!

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Wow! plugged in my wife's sony Vaio win 7 and bingo first time!!! There seems to be a problem with the Mac version, don't know if anyone else had the same problem. I confirm using cables other than the supplied Sony one is not a good idea!
Old November 26th, 2014, 06:44 AM   #22
Trustee

Glad you got it sorted Mike.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Just purchased the PXW-X70........How do you do the update? Anyone have instructions. Thanks, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #24
Major Player

It's all in the download.

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...eDownload.aspx
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PXW-X70 Software Update Procedure.pdf (895.4 KB, 780 views)
Mark Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:24 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Awesome....... Thanks for the links! Exactly what I needed.....Thanks again, Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds