So I tried my X70 with the Color Corrections OFF at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old June 8th, 2015, 03:51 AM   #1
Trustee

So I tried my X70 with the Color Corrections OFF

Shot the YouTube video below with some new PP adjustments, but sans the color corrections and phase adjustments. Video was shot 1080p60 XAVC-L, +2 black level, maximum (+7/low) black gamma stretch, and all the other stuff left bone stock on ITU-709. I even did a push to white on a white car (night shoot) with my very well gelled LED, which puts out 3200k and puts the "white dot" in the center of a vectorscope back to back with a Lowel Omni.

The skin tones look too yellow to my eye....heck, everything has an ugly color tint to it. If you look at some of my other YouTube posts, you will see another test video shot in the same city but with all the cool corrective PP settings. Looked a LOT better. So basically, the X70 can be an ugly little bugger unless you mess with it, even then, it is still a bit "off" color wise. Looks exactly like my old CX900, except with gamma curves. :)

*uploaded as ProRes LT

CC OFF

CC ON
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds