Anyone Transfer X70 Clips to External HD? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old November 16th, 2015, 03:01 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: Anyone Transfer X70 Clips to External HD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wall View Post
Hi, John! Unfortunately, I kept the files together when I imported them, but alas, they were broken up into "bite sized" chunks. Even with Premiere. I've surfed around and see that Sony might have software that keeps the clips from breaking up, when being imported onto a computer. Any feedback on that? Something called "PlayMemories?"

Thanks again!
I always use PlayMemory when importing from a small HD handycam and it perfectly splices the clip segments together.
I never used with X70 simply 'cause I record XAVC but I'm pretty sure it can easily manage X70' AVCHD.
Both windows and Mac version are available for free

sauro
Sauro Scroglieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 09:25 AM   #17
Regular Crew

John, I am using Premiere Pro CC2015. As the newest version, I'd like to think Adobe would have picked up on this issue, but the files were split when I imported them. When you mention "keeping the file structure intact," what do you mean? I don't do anything with the folders, but I do copy the files to my desktop. That may be the problem, and if it is, what are the instructions to do it properly. Many thanks! ~TRW
Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's ALL small stuff!
Terry Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2015, 04:09 PM   #18
Contributor

So there should be a Sony folder with a SONYCARD.IND in it - not sure if this folder is really necessary but there should also be an AVCHD folder
The structure should look like:
AVCHD--BDMV--CLIPINF
--PLAYLIST
--STREAM -------------movie files (.mts/.mov depending on camera)
--INDEX.BDM
--MOVIEOBJ.BDM

You just point PP to the AVCHD folder and it drills down and finds the clips for you and it should stitch them together. You do that in the Media Browser pane. You can also import but you must import the AVCHD folder and not the individual clips.

All the other software including PlayMemories / Sony Content Browser and Sony Catalyst Browse use this file structure to correctly read the files. Play Memories is more designed for grabbing media directly from the card/camera and storing it as media files. The other two are available for free via a search engine.
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2015, 10:08 AM   #19
Regular Crew

John, your suggestion works! The Media Browser is the key to bringing in the clips "stitched" together. Browsing around, I also located the answer on the Premiere Pro help/support site...here it is, for others who may find themselves dealing with the same issue:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro..._spanned_clips

Thanks again, everyone...DVINFO rocks!

~TW
Rule #1: Don't sweat the small stuff. Rule #2: It's ALL small stuff!
Terry Wall is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds