Live streaming card corruption at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old December 29th, 2015, 12:42 AM   #1
Trustee

Live streaming card corruption

On several occasions, I have had my X70 LOCK UP when turning OFF live streaming. The LCD will go black, except for the battery gauge, and the LED by the rec button will stay lit. Because the camera will not power off during live streaming, the only way to reset this dead condition is to pop the battery. This typically results in the last clip becoming corrupted, and when powering on, the fix inconsistencies option will delete this last clip.

Probably a good idea to pop off a couple of random clips before disengaging live streaming, just to ensure you don't loose a valuable last clip recorded.

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 01:09 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Live streaming card corruption

Paul,
I know this isn't helpful, but ...
Are you saying that simultaneous recording and streaming on the X70 "almost" works (other than the "crashing" problem)? With Firmware 2.0?
Tom
Tom Grushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2016, 01:58 AM   #3
Trustee

I wouldn't say almost works, it does work, but the issue with file corruption happens enough that I take precautions when I remember. And also important to note, my X70 goes "live" every time I power it up at a scene. I really wish it had a 4G LTE modem option, because WiFI is a seriously horrible way to attempt MPEG-TS UDP streaming.......no error correction on a long GOP stream means if one bit is lost, you loose the math for that sector for a few seconds before it rebuilds with new stream data. I won't attempt anything more than 480p 1.5Mbps (or is it 1Mbps?) live on air with any real movement, because the stream just can't handle the picture data elements changing quickly. I have done a few real on air live hits walking around scenes with the X70, and although they stuttered at times, they were completely usable even in SD. I am the only person at my station tat can go live from my living room at home with 1 minute of warning. :-D

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 11:03 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Cool. Have you tried shooting to two cards at once? Maybe that would help the corruption issue?
Tom Grushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2016, 04:33 PM   #5
Trustee

I don't think you can dual record while streaming.......and the corruption occurrs because the camera locks up, so I don't thionk dual recording would help in that respect, youd just get dual corruptions. :)

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds