Recomended settings for 4K wedding shoot at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old March 9th, 2016, 10:53 PM   #1
Trustee

Recomended settings for 4K wedding shoot

I am renting out my X70 to a coworker to shoot another coworkers wedding. Mixed lighting, indoor outdoor etc, typical wedding. Wondering what settings, gamma, etc I would be best off sending the camera out with? It is set now for my custom REC709 and detail at +7 for crisp 720p60, but in 4K for DVD distribution, I am not sure how to set things up. The X70 is really picky about lighting and colors in REC709, it tends to go weird on off colors pretty bad.

So this will be graded by me and handed off to the bride who will edit it herself, so if you have a great gradable PP, with a good detail setting i can crispen up in FCPX, I would really apreciate it! Thinking one of the cinema gammas would be best?

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2016, 03:05 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Recomended settings for 4K wedding shoot

I would tone down the detail settings when you shoot in 4K and see to it that the shutter stays at 1/50 (or 1/48 I guess in your case) If you shoot at a higher shutter you get some kind of shimmering effect on very fine detail, at least that is what I get with my ax100, I think it's because the camera already has some kind of in camera sharpening going on and a higher shutter seems to amplify that effect and it doesn't look pretty.

If I had to shoot with the x70 I just would use a standard preset and don't colorgrade, the bride has to colorcorrect anyway for consistency between her shots by adjusting the blacks and highlights and a standard preset should be colorful enough for a wedding.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds