USB to RJ45 network adapter for Sony PXW-Z90v at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old March 19th, 2020, 02:30 AM   #1
Tourist

USB to RJ45 network adapter for Sony PXW-Z90v

Hello everyone,

I have a Sony PXW- Z90v camera with the latest firmware V 2.0 ( simple live streaming), and I would like to do simple livestream thru LAN (wired option). My question is, can I use any brand USB-RJ45 adapter for cheaper price or it's will work only with Sony USB to RJ45 Network Adapter Kit for Sony Camcorder which is expensive 190$.

Thanks for help.
Old March 19th, 2020, 09:24 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: USB to RJ45 network adapter for Sony PXW-Z90v

It would be much cheaper and possibly easier with an HDMI to USB like the USB Elgato and OBS.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/17401141529...hoCFB8QAvD_BwE
Old December 7th, 2020, 08:34 PM   #3
Major Player

I got one from Amazon it totally worked fine the problem I was having I kept getting a message on my nx80 saying to connect a USB cable already connected it plus I did a brand new once I don't know what the issue was but I was definitely getting power from the adapter handling the ethernet cable and I was getting a strong signal I'm puzzled it why it wasn't working
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2021, 08:45 AM   #4
Tourist

We recently bought two Sony PXW-Z90V to upgrade from the PXW-X70 (which still work great) and wanted to try streaming direct from the camera. We were able to stream wireless and wired successfully. I probably would have bought the Sony $188 wired adapter but it seems to be out f stock everywhere. After reading a few threads here, we bought a Plugable brand model # USB2-OTGE100 , USB 2.0 OTG Micro B Ethernet 10/100 Adapter. It was very inexpensive. We also bought a SMAYS model RTL8152-W Micro USB to Ethernet adapter which DID NOT work in this specific application.

It took some time for my tech to get it set up and it is a huge pain to tediously enter in the stream code one character at a time but he did get it operational. We were considering testing the wireless in a roving application if there were multiple wireless lans set up at a venue.

We would appreciate any comments on others using the camera in this application.

Thanks
Peter Warzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2021, 04:27 AM   #5
Equal Opportunity Offender

This might sound a little crazy, but try plugging in a USB keyboard and see if it allows you to enter the text code a bit faster. It's worked for me on other non-desktop/laptop computer products such as the Beyonwiz T4 TV recorder unit.

Remember, that camera is essentially a sensor block (and nice lens) connected to a computer.

Andrew
Andrew Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2021, 09:34 PM   #6
Tourist

Andrew, I will try it, thanks!
Peter Warzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2021, 10:40 AM   #7
Tourist

If it helps, I'm using an Elgato Cam Link 4K with the X70 (also the X90) to bring a signal out of the HDMI port and into my laptop's USB 3.0. Works a treat.
Gordon James is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds