HXR-NX80 streaming at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old September 22nd, 2020, 07:38 PM   #1
Trustee

HXR-NX80 streaming

I have a number of clients pushing me to stream up to now ive been resisting it for multiple reasons. Lately ive tried to setup a stream with my NX80, has anyone been able to get this to work? I reset my menus twice I put that logins in multiple times with the stream code (youtube) the closest ive been able to get is some kind of server error and a immediate stop of the stream. at this point im thinking of mounting a I-phone on my camera.
Randy Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2020, 12:04 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: HXR-NX80 streaming

This is one way to try. Since upgrading my android phone to android 10 I no longer need to root my phone for the internal audio. But for the VLC player I had to downgrade to a much earlier player. Unless someone tells me how to pud in the udp address with the newer VLC players. The other way is use an HDMI to USB dongle.
Old December 7th, 2020, 08:06 PM   #3
Major Player

I'm in the same boat once I set up my event on YouTube and put in the Stream code and the link given me it wasn't difficult.
I tested it last week and it was fluid and very good I did it from my Wi-Fi at home. But nowt the problem I'm having the wi-fi at the church is terrible and the signal is not good and it's a constant reloading or an hourglass showing and the video is not smooth at all so then I tried to do the hard wire directly with the ethernet cable and it keeps saying I need to connect my USB but I've already done that I put a brand new cable going from my camera to the ethernet adapter and it's still not working so now I'm going to try to get a mobile hotspot from T-Mobile and try that but in general if you have a good Wi-Fi signal the streaming is excellent very clear.
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2020, 09:15 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Even though it's great these cameras have built in streaming, I prefer a dedicated laptop connected to the camera with a quality capture device such as a Magewell. But like others have pointed out without a reliable fast internet connection and thorough testing, you're walking into a minefield.
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2020, 10:10 PM   #5
Major Player

yea it was perfect when i had one

going to try a mobil hotspot tomorrow since the churchs wifi was so bad.
Old December 7th, 2020, 10:15 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Maybe if the wifi is that bad a mobile hotspot might be better but I don't have high hopes. Is the client picking up the tab on your mobile data plan? Either way good luck and let us know how it turns out. Lot of these type of jobs its a question of finding the least worse solution. lol
Pete Cofrancesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2020, 11:08 PM   #7
Major Player

Problem solved.
They had an ethernet cable near where I was going to shoot from. I bought a 47.00 netgear router, ran ethernet into it and used that wifi.
The quality was excellant and the video was perfect. For whatever reason the churches wifi was horrible with an upload speed of 46.
Old February 22nd, 2022, 11:49 PM   #8
Major Player

I also have a tmobil hotspot.works great
Old February 22nd, 2022, 11:53 PM   #9
Major Player

There's also obs for streaming as well
Jim Stamos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds