PXW-X70 Froze Up on Clock Set Menu at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds
Pro and consumer versions including PXW-Z150, PXW-Z100, PXW-X70 / FDR-AX100

Old May 23rd, 2024, 03:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

PXW-X70 Froze Up on Clock Set Menu

Hi, My PXW-X70 is stuck on the Clock Set Menu after being stored for a while without installing batteries. I have been charging my batteries but, haven't used the X70 since last summer. Upon installing a fresh battery and opening the LCD, I found it to be stuck on the Clock Set menu. Thinking that there may be an internal battery issue (if it has one), I went ahead and removed my external battery and plugged in the X70 to my Sony dual battery charger. It's been charging now for over 8 hours and is in the same state. Has anyone here ever experienced this problem? If so, is there an internal battery? Can it be replaced? I would sincerely appreciate your help in letting know what's going on? Thank You. Ray
Ray Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2024, 09:43 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: PXW-X70 Froze Up on Clock Set Menu

Have you fired it up WITHOUT a battery? Just off mains power? Try that to check the camera is ok.

Most likely your battery has gone down too far, it can go into a protective mode to prevent the battery going into a state of reverse polarity. There are various ways of waking them up. Watch these videos for some ideas. The jump start technique shown in the drill battery video works for most Lithium based batteries. Like everything. Any advice given if acted upon is at your own risk. :) Good luck!

Chris Young

Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2024, 05:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thank you Chris. My external batteries are all good. I've had it plugged into my Sony battery charger for several days now without any luck. Only thing I can think of would be an internal battery but., I don't know if there even is one? Everything seems to be powering up when turning it on, it's just froze up on the Time Set menu on the LCD. Appreciate the help. Ray
Old May 25th, 2024, 07:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

A quick web search revealed the following:

"The camera has an internal rechargeable battery for maintaining the date, time, and other settings. This information remains saved in the camera regardless of whether the main battery pack is installed or not, or whether the power if off or on. The internal battery is continually recharged when the camera is turned on and in use.

NOTE: The internal battery discharges gradually if the camera is only used for short periods of time. If the camera is not used at all for approximately 3 months, the internal battery becomes completely discharged."

I still have an AX-100, the consumer version of the X70 - it too has an internal battery which no longer retains settings for any period of time. Does not appear to be an end user replaceable.
Keith Rollinson is online now   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony 4K Ultra HD Handhelds