Film look without grading at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old January 23rd, 2015, 01:03 PM   #1
New Boot

Film look without grading

I love this camera - I have covered a few weddings with it and spent alot of time wrestling with profile settings/ creative style settings. I am looking for a near filmic image straight from the camera. I dont want to colour grade a 2hr wedding. I dont mind grading 5min highlights. When I say film look - I mean not flat, a little more gamma/ saturation - like the 5d3 !!
Alan Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2015, 03:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: Film look without grading

I shoot the same way, with the goal being ready to use footage, no grading required. If you aren't matching to other cameras, PP4 if a good preset to start from.

Check out Philip Bloom's video, Picture Profile, Gamma, Color Mode settings start at around 11 minutes.

Matt Sharp is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR