Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography, Xume adapters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old October 9th, 2015, 12:48 PM   #1
Trustee

Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography, Xume adapters

I put a video together of the Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography NDs and Xume adapters.

Hope this helps someone.

Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2015, 12:56 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography, Xume adapters

The lenshood is a great solution as an extra protection to keep the filter in place, I have such a xume adapter but never ever will use it again, my expensive nd filter came off and got damaged, the magnet does keep it in place but I accidentally bumped the lens causing the filter to pop off and smash onto teh ground, now I only screw nd filters on. I also had issues getting the xume ring of from the lens, it was so tight I had to use a lot of force to unscrew it.
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 04:48 PM   #3
Trustee

That's excellent!!! I had to shoot some exteriors of a building in the middle of the day yesterday, as b-roll for an interview i shot indoors, and I was at like f8 and 1/500 shutter to not overexpose. If I wanted any depth of field at f4.0, or wanted motion without that high speed shutter stutter, I would have needed ND's.

So the 82mm filters don't vignette???????

Paul
Paul Anderegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2015, 05:48 PM   #4
Trustee

Not that i can see.

These are grabs straight from the A7s brought into Avid then exported as a Jpeg.

The light is changing so fast here today so there may be some colour temp changes in the images, nothing I can do about this.
Attached Thumbnails
Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography, Xume adapters-1-no-filter.jpg   Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography, Xume adapters-2-3-stop-nd.jpg  

Sony 28-135mm f4 lens, Breakthrough Photography, Xume adapters-2-6-stop-nd.jpg  
Simon Denny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR