A7II & A7RII Canon compatibility post firmware at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR
Sony Alpha a7s: Full HD Recording in XAVC and 4:2:2 UHD 4K Output via HDMI.

Old December 18th, 2015, 02:49 AM   #1
Trustee

A7II & A7RII Canon compatibility post firmware

According to the Metabones website, after their latest update the Metabones Smartadapter IV should work with full phase detect auto focus with the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM and the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM on the Sony A7II and A7RII. Has anyone tested these lenses after the firmware update? Any thoughts or videos samples to share? Just to be clear, I'm looking for the results for STILLS, not video.
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:30 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: A7II & A7RII Canon compatibility post firmware

Yeah it works pretty well actually! At least it does in the more broad autofocus area modes. Once you start getting down to specific autofocus points it doesn't do so great. I am surprisingly using it more and more for my stills work. It's nice with my 200mm f/2.8 L because of the in-camera stabilization, but I do occasionally throw the 50mm f/1.4 on there and it works decently enough.
Michael Kraus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2015, 09:40 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: A7II & A7RII Canon compatibility post firmware

Are you talking about the 50 or the 100?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems > Sony Alpha Mirrorless and DSLR