Using the Sony A7rII for the first time for 2 days. Advices needed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems
Sony cameras with interchangeable E-mount lenses.

Old March 13th, 2021, 05:39 PM   #1
Trustee

Using the Sony A7rII for the first time for 2 days. Advices needed

Hallo,

i'm here tryng to have suggestions for a Sony A7rII that i'll have tomorrow for 2 days for filming interviews for a documentary. I'm a Nikon DSLR user but i'm scared something is wrong with my Nikon and a photographer friend of mine tomorrow will give to me his Sony A7r2 for a couple of days. I've never been a Sony Alpha user so tonight i'll try to grab the most information on how to use it in video mode(my friend uses it for photographic purposal and he never has filmed a second of video). I'm gonna use it for interviews on a tripod and the talent will be lit by 2 led panels with softbox. On my nikon d7100 i used to film in Flat Profile (Flat 11), what kind of flat profile should i set on the A7rII? to achieve the most accurate focus on the eyes of the talent would i trust the automatic Focus or should i go in Manual?
Sorry for the silly question but i'm a little bit scared of this new system. How long would it last without heating for the interview? Any other kind of general suggestion will be highly appreciated
Thank you in advance for the kind help
Marcus Martell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2021, 07:52 PM   #2
Trustee

Re: Using the Sony A7rII for the first time for 2 days. Advices needed

This seems like kind of a panic situation. At least it would be fore me.

Can't answer your questions; however, there is a Sony web page that might be helpful.
I know, so little time, so much to learn.

https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...ries/ilce-7rm2

Hopefully someone with a bit of knowledge will stop by and help out.
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony Alpha and NEX Camera Systems