Sony download SCENEFILES... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:34 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony download SCENEFILES...

Hi,

has anyone downloaded / archived the xdcam HD scenefiles provided from sony (Bleach byp. and others)?

The old link does not work anymore and I just wanted to test some.

If anyone knows the new link or can email those , IŽd be happy.

ULi
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:04 AM   #2
Wrangler

They're still at this link...

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...eneFiles.shtml

That's where I originally got them.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:46 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks - yes there they are.

I used a wrong link, thanks for posting!

Kind regards

ULI
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Scenefiles

Having a little trouble loading the Sony scenefiles into my 350. Have down loaded from Sony site to 'memory stick' - I think in the correct manner, but can't get the camera to see them. I notice that it is the Sony U.S. site and the files may expect a U.S. region camera, not a PAL. ( Euro Region.) Any thoughts? Maybe there is a longhand version somewhere, so that you can save the parameters via. the camera set up. Regards......
Godfrey Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey Kirby View Post
Having a little trouble loading the Sony scenefiles into my 350. Have down loaded from Sony site to 'memory stick' - I think in the correct manner, but can't get the camera to see them. I notice that it is the Sony U.S. site and the files may expect a U.S. region camera, not a PAL. ( Euro Region.) Any thoughts? Maybe there is a longhand version somewhere, so that you can save the parameters via. the camera set up. Regards......
Nope, no region specific parameters. You must have them in the correct directory structure on the memory stick. The files have an extension of .scn and must have unique numbers to keep from being written over.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Scenefiles

Thanks Greg - will get back to the coalface & start again. Bloody computers. Wasn't like this with an Arri BL.
Old October 30th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Major Player

Godfrey,

the files named "00000015.scn" and so on

must be placed on a small (max 128MB? Be sure to have such a small one) USB Stick

into

\MSSONY\PRO\CAMERA\HD_CAM

Dont rename the files (but remember what they are ;-) )

Regards

ULI
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks Uli - Not renaming the file was the answer. And I hadn't put 2 & 2 together and realised file 000016 puts itself in the 16th. place, so if you only look at the first couple of pages you won't see it. Doh!!! Thanks again.
Old November 6th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #9
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfrey Kirby View Post
And I hadn't put 2 & 2 together and realised file 000016 puts itself in the 16th. place,
That's the 'unique number' thing I was talking about in my last post. If you copy another file with 000016 onto the stick, it will overwrite the previous one. The problem is, when someone puts out a batch of scene files they often have numbers assigned that would overlap with what you already have, so you must renumber them to be unique.

-gb-

p.s. Thanks Uli for being more thorough than I was about the file naming and directory tree structure.
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts