Printing from XDCam FCP Transfer software at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 14th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Trustee

Printing from XDCam FCP Transfer software

I'm attempting to print an index print of sorts of some of my HD file disks.

Neither page setup nor print seems to allow me to change the layout of the printouts, which are somewhat un-friendly, at 5 (!) per page. Full Disks with 250 shots are coming out at 50 pages!

Any suggestions on how to rig the software to do this, or use photoshop to print these?

Thanks,

-MW
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 04:21 AM   #2
Major Player

I had a look through the .ini and .xml files in the PDZ-1 folder but couldn't see anything obvious relating to print layout - maybe it's hard coded? :(

The other option - some printers allow multiple sheets to be printed per page. For example my HP colour laserjet (2605dn) using the HP Universal Printing PCL 6 driver, allows up to 16 pages per sheet. If you have a duplex unit, you can also print double sided.

That should work OK - I just tried it and it works pretty well :)

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #3
Trustee

I'm doing the 4-page-per-sheet thing now, which is okay, but the images are postage-stamp sized, and still only 20 on a page. At this size, I could fit a whole disk on a page front and back.

Does the software cache the thumbnails somewhere I can swipe them and use another app to print them?
Mike Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gale View Post
I had a look through the .ini and .xml files in the PDZ-1 folder but couldn't see anything obvious relating to print layout - maybe it's hard coded? :(
He was referring to XDCAM Transfer, the Mac based application. And to my knowledge, there is no way to alter the output unless...

The software does allow creating a PDF of the clip index and you might be able to manipulate the resulting PDF file if you have Acrobat.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:03 AM   #5
Major Player

Ah OK - I misunderstood - FCP as in Final Cut Pro!

Have you tried talking to Sony support - don't know if there's any use in asking to raise a feature request some how???
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #6
Trustee

I found the proxy clips, buried in my Library folder. They're .pct files. Sadly, they have no naming convention, they're just long strings of seemingly random numbers.
Mike Watson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts