WOW! New Firmware Rocks! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 27th, 2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Regular Crew

WOW! New Firmware Rocks!

Loving it! Will post some rather simplistic but exciting tests tomorrow (links to full-rez stills and video). In short- "Low Noise" is an awesome tool for us as we are often working in low light scenarios (documentary work). I always avoided gain of any amount before but now in tandem with Low Noise I wouldn't hesitate to use it. I got inspired and then started diving into the depths of the paint/matrix/gamma...etc... settings (also inspired by Uri- thanks invisible internet friend) and feel like I just got a new camera! I'm almost ready to retract any and all of my negative comments about the PDW-F350 but I'll take a breath before further testing. I will admit that I am #3203 in line for a Red One but that's for the really tasty stuff!

Thanks Sony- keep those updates coming.
Dan Brazda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 03:07 AM   #2
Major Player

I guess you are referring to me...

To avoid any misunderstandings:
I am not the author of these settings. Honors go to (as far as I can see) Chris Young, CYV Productions , Sidney.

He has posted these new "general" settings (for DCC Mode) on the xdcam.com.au forum.

I am very happy with it since these are the only settings distributed except those from Sony.

Kind regards

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Uli,

Could you do me a favour and post a link to those new settings - I couldn't find them on there.

Cheers,

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 07:59 AM   #4
Major Player

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=115592

3rd post.

Kind regards

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 12:50 PM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Uli - any chance you can save out a file from your camera you'd be willing to share???

Otherwise I'll just have to enter them all manually ;)

Cheers,

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:52 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gale View Post
Thanks Uli - any chance you can save out a file from your camera you'd be willing to share???

Otherwise I'll just have to enter them all manually ;)

Cheers,

Paul.
It's not that many entries Paul. Should take you all of two or three minutes. When finished, save the file so you can re-load later if necessary.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #7
Major Player

exactly.

looks worse than it is - just have a try...

cheers

uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts