F350/355 remote or CCU pin-out? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 13th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #1
Major Player

F350/355 remote or CCU pin-out?

Has anyone got the pin-out info for the CCU connector or the remote connector on the F350/355/335? Or maybe even used these for a custom control scenario?

I want to be able to bring out control for Iris, Tally display and maybe even shot marks (if possible) remotely.

My background is in electronics, so designing custom circuitry to interface shouldn't be a problem - just need some starter info.

Alternatively, has anyone used the Sony remote controls such as the RM-B150 or RM-B750 with the XDCAM models? How much of the funcionality works?

Anyone?

Thanks,

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #2
Wrangler

The pinouts for the connectors are in the back of the owner's manual.

If you want to do shot marks via remote, it can be done with the supplied IR remote. You have to remember to enable the remote control every time the camera is powered on (assign the function to one of the switches).

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 08:53 AM   #3
Major Player

Are you sure Greg - they're not in my "operating instructions" - only DC and audio are shown.

BTW - I mistakenly mentioned CCU connector - of course, the F350 doesn't have a CCU connector unlike my old 570.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:09 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Gale View Post
Are you sure Greg - they're not in my "operating instructions" - only DC and audio are shown.

BTW - I mistakenly mentioned CCU connector - of course, the F350 doesn't have a CCU connector unlike my old 570.
Mea culpa Paul, I thought I had seen those pinouts in back of the owner's manual.

The remote connector is a serial data interface. Unless you know what serial data to send for command info, it won't do you any good.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2008, 09:15 AM   #5
Major Player

Yes - I'd thought that would be the case. I don't think I'd have a problem interfacing to it, but I'd need to know the protocol etc...

I'm guessing Sony won't release the details - but who knows?
Paul Gale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts