Sony XDCAM PDBK-102 (Firewire) Board Questions? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 4th, 2008, 06:57 AM   #1
Major Player

Sony XDCAM PDBK-102 (Firewire) Board Questions?

Can any of the Sony experts on this forum clear up some info about the Sony PDBK-102 Firewire board in the XDCAM HD F75 deck?

When the Firewire (TS) connection is used to input HDV to the XDCAM deck does it upconvert to the HQ (35Mbs) setting or does it transcode to the SP (25mbs) mode?

Many thanks!
Old April 20th, 2008, 02:10 AM   #2
Regular Crew

i dont have the firewire board.

but my guess is it will use 25mbps codec (SP) as it is exactly same codec implementation used in HDV. So it won't transcode.. Just change the wrapper to mxf.
Hornady Setiawan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Trustee

From memory I the board does in fact stream a 25Mbps signal so that you can capture as per normal HDV.

Been a long time since I had my hands on that deck though.
Simon Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 12:58 PM   #4
Major Player

Yep, I was hoping I could upconvert HDV to 35Mbs XDCAM but not really expecting it to happen. Thanks for the replies!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts