Sony Wireless Receiver loose? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old May 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sony Wireless Receiver loose?

Both of our 330 XDCAM HD cameras are experiencing the same problem. The Sony wireless receivers are slightly loose and cause our cameras to loose power when jarred in the slightest way. We removed the receivers and tested the cameras without them (with both IDX and A/B Dionic batteries) and they work fine no matter what we do to them.

Is this a common problem? Is there any known fix?
Nick Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 01:53 PM   #2
Telecam Films

Yes, this is a known issue and we have experienced it on our F350s as well. There is a service bulletin (www.telecamfilms.com/xdcam/pdwm07-025.pdf) specifically addressing the V-Mount battery connection issue when using these cameras along the WR-855 wireless mic holder. There is a new battery connector harness now available that will solve all your issues.

Best,

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Is this problem fixed on the newer dual layer models (F335/F355)?
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you for your help! Do you know if that's covered under warranty by Sony? Either way, it's good to know there's a fix for it.

Nick
Nick Kesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau View Post
Yes, this is a known issue and we have experienced it on our F350s as well. There is a service bulletin (www.telecamfilms.com/xdcam/pdwm07-025.pdf) specifically addressing the V-Mount battery connection issue when using these cameras along the WR-855 wireless mic holder. There is a new battery connector harness now available that will solve all your issues.

Best,

Thierry.
Thanks Thierry, I didn't get that one. Mine is one of the affected serial numbers although I don't use the receiver box. Since I'm using AB power, the adapter stays on and screwed down to the camera back all the time.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:51 AM   #6
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Kesler View Post
Thank you for your help! Do you know if that's covered under warranty by Sony? Either way, it's good to know there's a fix for it.

Nick
Yes, this is covered under warranty. Here are your options:

- You send your camera to the nearest Sony service center (at your own expense), the repair, parts and shipping charges back to you are covered by Sony. If your camera also needs firmware upgrade, it will be done all at ounce free of charge.

- You order the new harness from Sony Parts ($74) and replace it yourself. I chose that option. The replacement is pretty easy but I would not recommend it to anyone without a minimum of experience fixing electronics.

Thierry.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:00 AM   #7
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
Thanks Thierry, I didn't get that one. Mine is one of the affected serial numbers although I don't use the receiver box. Since I'm using AB power, the adapter stays on and screwed down to the camera back all the time.

-gb-
Greg,

My partner has a F350 with the AB adaptor and has not had any problem at all. However, since this is covered by warranty and considering that the camera is likely to have power issues when using a combination of V-Mount batteries with the WR-855 wireless adaptor, I would encourage anyone to have the harness replaced.

Thierry.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 01:05 AM   #8
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Snoeckx View Post
Is this problem fixed on the newer dual layer models (F335/F355)?
Yes, I beleive all F335/F355 cameras are outfitted with the new harness. Just check your camera and look for the little pin hole that identifies the new harness type. If you have already sent your camera for service, it is likely that the faulty harness may have been replaced. Sony routinely applies current service updates to equipment sent for service under warranty.

Thierry.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 12:50 PM   #9
Major Player

Thank you very much for the info Thierry.
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:55 PM   #10
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau View Post
Greg,

My partner has a F350 with the AB adaptor and has not had any problem at all. However, since this is covered by warranty and considering that the camera is likely to have power issues when using a combination of V-Mount batteries with the WR-855 wireless adaptor, I would encourage anyone to have the harness replaced.

Thierry.
Already thinking about that. Thanks for the info.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts