F350 Commercial application review at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old August 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #1
Major Player

F350 Commercial application review

Business decisions can be very difficult these days but XDCAM HD has been one that I have not regretted making.

Having used the F350 & U1 products extensively for a wide variety of jobs, (Commercial, Industrial, Broadcast, Docudrama & Theatrical Trailer) and having collected a fair number of pics along the way, I thought it may prove useful to some folks to put together a relatively short review from a commercial / small business viewpoint.

It covers subjects, from challenging environments, camera protection, air travel, chromakey, lightweight rigs, format delivery issues, and what clients think.

http://www.studioscotland.com/SonyF350_review.htm

This is not a technical review, plenty of those about by folks better placed to discuss those matters than I am. Just lots of pics and common sense stuff for every day use.

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #2
Major Player

WOW!!! Very nicely done Stewart. And some great pictures from the tools at work.

Keep up the good work guys!
Ivan Snoeckx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 02:17 AM   #3
Major Player

Hi Ivan -

Thanks for that, hopefully it will be of help / interest to those who are looking for a solid workhorse solution needing to meet a range of commercial needs.

WARNING: Don't attempt this at home - discs inserted wrong way round! :-)

Many thanks Rick -

Who has kindly reminded me that it may be prudent to change 2 of the pics because the discs are inserted the wrong way round... don't ask how that happened.... we had a laugh about that one. We will replace the 2 pics in a few days, wouldn't want to cause confusion ... :-)

Regards: Stu
www.studioscotland.com
Stewart Menelaws is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts