mxf + standalone player - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 17th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #16

I was playing Sony native MXF files very well with ffdshow. I tried Amberfin's MXF desktop and now I get nothing but a black screen. Going back to ffdshow.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2009, 05:35 AM   #17
Major Player

Hey Uli,

I have a PCH A-110 too - did you see they just released a version that might do what you want even better - S-210. This is the blurb:

Popcorn Hour S-210
The Popcorn Hour "Store Front" Digital Signage (S-210) offers a powerful, flexible and reliable platform that is suitable for most advertising needs. Ideal for deployment in diverse environments such as restaurants, dental clinics, video rental stores, chain stores, retail shops and etc. Low power consumption and maintenance free with Solid State Storage (2GB internal USB flash drive included) and no complicated PC architecture. Management and authoring of the advertising playlists for the S-210 is handled by a PC application that is bundled with the device. All this combined with its highly scalable design and low cost, makes the S-210 is an excellent choice to build a advertising system on.

Storage capacity might need to be increased though?

It was REALLY interesting that you managed to play the EX footage - wonder if F350 footage will play too?

Re your stuttering - where were you playing the file from? The various network streaming methods are going to struggle (as widely documented on the PCH forums) - attached USB HDD or internal HDD will be better :)

Paul.
Paul Gale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 02:59 AM   #18
Major Player

There is a SATA HD built inside.

For my first exhibition I modified mpg export within vegas to 35mbit/s (HD MPG compression with 35mit/s datarate).

The picture from the Popcorn Hour Player is exceptionel good (f a n t a s t i c) - customers are very impressed.

I still didnt manage to play XDCAM HD (or EX1) files 35mbit/s directly without stuttering - it must be due to more processing needs for decoding?

Since there is (usually) any kind of CC I am quite happy with the result (shoot in 35mbit XDCAM HD/EX, export in MPG HD 35mbit.

ULI
Uli Mors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #19
Major Player

OK - I got one without HDD but added one of my own. When I get a chance I'll try it too from raw F350 footage and see if I get the same as you - suspect I will though of course.

Did you set the footage to loop?
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:41 AM   #20
Major Player

Yes.

(repeat "1" , I made 3 trailers combined in one file)

ULI
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:46 AM   #21
Major Player

Would you consider that new S-210 player - sounds like it has good content management options.
Old January 19th, 2009, 03:54 AM   #22
Major Player

dont know... I considered the player just as a "PLAY MACHINE" for existing "local" files.
Hooked up behind the 42" screen it makes a good show , thats all..

I didnt look for any network options yet and probably won´t.

What I am missing is an autoplay feature... (power it and play), since you MUST use the remote control for any (simpliest) action.

ULI
Old January 19th, 2009, 04:06 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Mors View Post
What I am missing is an autoplay feature... (power it and play), since you MUST use the remote control for any (simpliest) action.
That's what the S-210 has I believe - and a way to playlist files...
Old January 19th, 2009, 05:09 AM   #24
Major Player

I see...

Ok, when the price is right, it would be a good option either.

Uli
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:20 PM   #25
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uli Mors View Post
I still didnt manage to play XDCAM HD (or EX1) files 35mbit/s directly without stuttering - it must be due to more processing needs for decoding?

Since there is (usually) any kind of CC I am quite happy with the result (shoot in 35mbit XDCAM HD/EX, export in MPG HD 35mbit.

ULI
To fix the stuttering, run the file through TSmuxeR to convert it to .m2ts. This is quick and lossless, it does not transcode anything, just pads the headers.

I think the Popcorn uses the same Sigma processor that's in the WD TV that I own, and plays native EX1 video perfectly at 35mbps (after unwrapping the .m2v essence from the mxf container, with no other changes).
Tom Roper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #26

The amberfin mxf desktop will wrap and unwrap mxf files on my PC. Prior to its installation, however, Media Player Classic would play mxf content. After installation, MPC ceased playing mxf content, so, I promptly removed the amberfin app.

Beware, MXF desktop does NOT uninstall easily. I had to use a restore point to restore my system. AFAIK, this is TOTALLY unacceptable.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 01:28 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Well,

In any event. I never got the link to download anyway, so I won't bother.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts