Sony camera between EX and PDW-700 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old November 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Thanks for the input Steve. I look forward to shooting in Jan with the 350.
Old November 21st, 2009, 04:51 PM   #32
Trustee

I like the form factor of the new 350 but I hate being in the first bunch who get the camera as there are bound to be issues which come up in the production models as they are released. Of course if I had a job which would pay for it I would take the plunge sooner rather than later
Daniel Epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 09:16 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Agree form factor is excellent. Having used Sony's F900, 355, 700 I always have a hard time going back to my EX1 for form factor but not the picture quality with the Nano.

Daniel you are correct do not purchase a camera unless it pays for itself. I would never buy and could never afford a camera if it would not pay for itself in the following months.

I purchased the EX1 on the first round and zero problems. Still using that same camera. I think issues in first production models is overblown and to be on the leading edge you have to "be on the leading edge".

Last edited by Paul Cronin; November 22nd, 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Paul Cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 04:08 PM   #34
Telecam Films

In the case of the EX1, there were actually a few issues on earlier production models but Sony has been very good in handlinng those proactively whenerver they received a camera for a firmware upgrade.

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM   #35
Inner Circle

Agree Thierry Sony did handle it well. But I used the camera for 6 months prior to the firmware update with out a problem.
Old November 23rd, 2009, 01:48 AM   #36
Inner Circle

Well Steve and I shot a real job with the 350, not just random tests and it performed flawlessly. I got a very early EX1 and other than a firmware update I have not needed to do anything to it.

I'll have some of my 350 footage at the Sony Power of Images event in London this week.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts