Full size camera Run and Gun bag - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I use a Portabrace CO-BB and it wrks well. The 350 will fit in it as I used one for the review camera. The problem is that the camera and lens is too long to comply with the airline carry-on regulations. So any bag that takes the camera assembled with the lens will be too big and you could be turned away by the airline. For flights I use a regulation size hard shell carry on bag. You should be able to find one that will take a broken down camera, lens viewfinder and a couple of batts. I can get a PDW-700 with lens etc in mine. If you are forced to check it in, or gate check it, at least it's all protected in a hard shell case.
Old January 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM   #17
Major Player

I do the same: I have one of these roller suitcases, that just fit in the mold they use on airports. If neccessary, I take the camera out of it's Camrade bag (which is too long to fit in the mold) and put it in the suitcase, lens and battery apart. Then at least I'm assured that my beloved equipment doesn't get thrown around by ground personnel. I give them the empty Camrade bag to play with...
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #18
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
I use a Portabrace CO-BB and it wrks well. The 350 will fit in it as I used one for the review camera. The problem is that the camera and lens is too long to comply with the airline carry-on regulations. So any bag that takes the camera assembled with the lens will be too big and you could be turned away by the airline. For flights I use a regulation size hard shell carry on bag. You should be able to find one that will take a broken down camera, lens viewfinder and a couple of batts. I can get a PDW-700 with lens etc in mine. If you are forced to check it in, or gate check it, at least it's all protected in a hard shell case.
Allison,

Which brand/type of roller case do you use for the 700?
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 04:28 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Thierry I am looking at the Storm case im2500. It is a roller bag and as tough as a Pelican but a lot lighter. Better price then most of the luggage hard cases I have researched today.

Hardigg Storm Case, im2500, watertight, padlockable, airtight, integrated protection system
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:30 PM   #20
Telecam Films

That's a cool but pretty shallow case (7"). I'd be currious to know if the 350 fits comfortably in it with a good broadcast lens (16X with 2X) and a couple of batteries.

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 05:49 PM   #21
Inner Circle

Don't know but I will mock it up tomorrow with one of my bigger storm cases that I send UPS.

Here is a cheaper one similar carry on Dim.
Amazon.com: Pelican Airline Carry-On Case 1510 in Black - No Foam Inside: Electronics
Old January 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Thanks guys for your help.

I purchased the ProtaBrace CO-AB-M bag. This should work well for local shooting.

For shipping I will still use my hard cases.

Will see if the PortaBrace works on a US flight this month.
Old January 8th, 2010, 12:51 PM   #23
Inner Circle

My PortaBrace bag arrived and I have to say this is a first class piece of kit.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #24
Inner Circle

Glad you like the bag. Portabrace makes first class stuff that will last a very very very long time. Enjoy.
Old January 8th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Thanks Don I will work it hard.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts