PMW 350: Audio like chipmunks on mac at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old April 28th, 2010, 03:28 PM   #1
Major Player

PMW 350: Audio like chipmunks on mac

Hi, Just got my first shoot with the PMW 350. Love the cam! My audio-guy hooked his mixer up at the rear and we had the front mic on 3 and 4. I've installed the log and transfer software for FCP, but when I want to preview the clips in Final cut (log and trans) all my audio is chopped up and pitched like the Chipmunks ?! When I click import it's back and good again, but no good use of the preview option when it's like this. I've got the same problem with the XDCAM transfer software, but NOT with EX Clip browser software... Strange? Audio is recorder in 4 channel PCM3 and I'm using a SDHC adapter so reading via an USB adapter (but that can't be the problem...?).
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Major Player

Correction; AES-3 I mean, of course.
Old April 28th, 2010, 10:57 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Not having touched one at all, I'm just going to toss out the possibility that channels 3 and 4 might somehow have been sampled at 44.1 kHz instead of 48?
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:30 AM   #4
Inner Circle

I'm not sure that Log and Transfer is compatible with the 350 yet, What version of XDCAM Transfer are you using, do you have the latest version?
Old April 29th, 2010, 06:34 AM   #5
Inner Circle

I had the same problem with my 350 in Log and Transfer. Import into FC and you will find the audio if fine correct? It is the version of Log and Transfer it does not match the 350 as Alister said. Expect Sony to fix this on the next update.
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:01 AM   #6
Major Player

Thanks guys, guess I have to wait for the update. The clip browser works fine for now, but it is an unnecessary work around, with a production company shooting more then 12 hours of footage a week, every hour counts... @ Paul: when I do import it work fine, but no good audio in the preview window (in log and transfer).
Old April 30th, 2010, 10:13 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Vincent I heard talk at NAB that the update will be out soon. Not sure what soon means.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:34 AM   #8
New Boot

Although I can't speak from first-hand experience, I was under the impression that XDCAM Transfer 2.12 and Log and Transfer Plug-in 1.1 support the four-channel audio. These were announced in this post quite recently:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdc...-software.html

Are these the versions you are using?
Daniel Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2010, 09:58 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Good point Daniel the latest software should have come up earlier. But when I had the problem with my 350 I had the recent software and there was still the problem.
Old May 2nd, 2010, 11:40 AM   #10
Major Player

Yep, latest software here, and still the Chipmunks... ;-)
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts