Looking for 1/2'' lens for Sony PDWF-350 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old December 11th, 2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Trustee

Looking for 1/2'' lens for Sony PDWF-350

I just turned my back on the camera (Sony PDWF-350) which was mounted on my tripod and a split second later I heard the sound of crunching plastic onto the dirt road. The body is fine as far as I can tell and also the electronics but the lens took the full force of the impact and now the lens is stuffed. No matter how many times I try back focusing the thing, it's gone and out of alignment. At certain f stops and focal length's the thing looks fine but at other settings it's way to soft.

I have a stack of shooting dates to fulfil. Any ideas on some 1/2'' glass for the SonyPDWF-350 that wont cost me an arm an a leg?

Also will a 2/3'' lens work on the 1/2'' body

I'm about to get the Sony PMW500 which will take some time before I have this in my possession.

Why did this happen just before the Christmas break.

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 04:29 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Yes a 2/3" lens will work, and as you're planning on getting a 500 then a 2/3" lens would make a lot of sense. Something like a Fujinon ZA or HA18x7.6 is relativly inexpensive and excellent. Only problem is on the 1/2" chip it won't be very wide.
On the PDW355 I had I used a Fujinon XS17x5.5 which was amazing, and yet only cost me about £4,000.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:20 PM   #3
Major Player

A few weeks ago, I sold my Fujinon XS17x5,5BRM1/2 inch HD-lens to a buyer in Spain, for 2600,- euros (shipping not included). That is a very good lens, in almost mint condition. He mailed me now that he has bought a 2/3 - inch camera (PMW350) and he asked me if I knew someone who would be interested in the lens. If you send him a mail, possibly he hasn't found a buyer yet. Mention my name as contact and he'll know what it's about. His mail adress is: david (at) bitriantv (dot) com. Very trustworthy guy, too.
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 03:06 PM   #4
Major Player

Simon,

I do own a Canon YH12x4.8 KRS-A wideangle 1/2" SD broadcast lens. they sell secondhand for around GBP 1500. Might be worth a good look. I would consider selling minearound that price as I'm seriously looking into buying a PMW-350 or PDW-700 as well.

Canon BCTV Lenses: Portable: YH12x4.8 IRS-A / KRS-A

Gabor
Gabor Heeres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #5
Trustee

Thanks guys,

I'll have to try and get one here in Australia if this is the way I go. Gabor, thanks but I would be after a HD lens.
Luc De Wandel , the Fujinon XS17x5,5BRM how did this perform for you? this might be an option for me.
I still have my EX1 as an option to shoot with but I prefer the PDW 350

Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:55 AM   #6
Major Player

Hi Simon,

I was very satisfied with the Fujinon, I just sold it because I needed a wider angle, so when I managed to find a Canon KH10x3,6 IRSE on the web, I bought that one. I compared both lenses before I sold the Fujinon, and as far as sharpness is concerned, it is just as good as the Canon. Colour too, there was just a little more CAin the corners and some more breathing. But then we're talking about lenses with a huge price difference... So for the money, the Fujinon is very good. Moreover, I preferred the ergonomics of the Fujinon.

I sent the present owner a mail, so he'll be expecting to hear from you. The lens is in perfect condition, as well optically as cosmetically. You can find the pictures I made of it attached.

Hope things work out for you.
Luc

(Tried to attach the pictures twice, but that doesn't seem to work. I can mail them if you like).
Luc De Wandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #7
Trustee

Thanks Luc De Wandel,
I have sent David an email and I'll see what price he wants. I think I'll stick with the 2/3'' lens and get an adaptor for the PDW F350 if David's lens comes in to expensive.
Cheers
Simon Denny is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts