Android Version of XMPilot Tool App released but will not work on most devices at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 27th, 2012, 04:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Android Version of XMPilot Tool App released but will not work on most devices

Sony has released the Android version of the XMPilot Tool App, but the App will only work on Sony devices. There is also a version of the XMPilot Tool App for iOS iPhone and iPads.

I find it digraceful the Sony has released a crippled Andriod version of the App, but has released the iOS version. I was told by Sony that the crippled Android version was to promote the use of Sony products, But if this is the case why did Sony release an iOS version? Really bad work with this Sony !

I have paid for the software key and WiFi adapter ($2,200) for my Sony XDcam PDW-F800 HD camera and I can not use with my HTC Android phone.

So all you other Android user out there that feel that this is wrong please let Sony know how you feel too!

What this will do is probably make me change to an iPhone, rather than buy a Sony android phone.
Old April 25th, 2012, 12:35 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Android Version of XMPilot Tool App released but will not work on most devices

HI,

I am totally with you, but I also think this is what sony also announced.

Its silly to block non-Sony Android Users, but (as a presenter of XM Pilot in Germany) I also see that iOS is clearly the OS that was priorized from beginning.

Simply get an old iphone or iPad1 (WLAN only) and make it a part of your camera bag. Have it pre-configured with a adhoc connection to the PDW700 - and every editor/writer will be impressed and instantly starts tagging the clips.

I prepared an essence list with "good answer" "bad answer" "cough" "new question" "!"

This is enough to pre-log every interview on the fly in the field...

Uli
Uli Mors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts