For Cine Alta Shooters... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM   #1
Major Player

For Cine Alta Shooters...

This is my first production with the F900 I'm wondering from you guys who shoot HD all the time...

If you're getting time code breaks on the tape... what could cause this...

So far from what I've seen its from pulling power... either AC or Batts...

Trying to fix a major problem in post...

If this is in the wrong area feel free to move it...

Thanks..
Gary McClurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:57 PM   #2
Trustee

Gary, Yeah that's a major issue with the HDCAM cameras. Anytime that power is pulled (as you've noticed) the heads come off of the tape, the was to keep this problem from happening again (in post) is by activating the lens return button on the lens (if you're ENG) or setting that function to one of the assignable knobs (if you're Cine style). I'm pretty certain that's the only way to fix the problem
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #3
Contributor

Same thing happens with the DSR500. That's why the manual tells you to power it down before removing a battery or unplugging it from the power supply. It takes 2-3 seconds for it to totally power down, and if you yank a battery before that happens, you'll have a TC break.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM   #4
Trustee

I believe it's even worse with the f900, if you remove the battery (even after powering down correctly and waiting a few seconds) you'll still get time code breaks if you don't use the lens return option.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts