CineAlta Scene File Downloads? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 8th, 2007, 12:03 PM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carroll Lam View Post
How about some hints as to what these particular files will do? What was your objective? What kind of image were you looking for for each of them. Etc.

Carroll Lam
Hi Carroll, (and Ray),

These are basic tweaks to the default settings. At the time (this thread is from last July), I was trying to establish a methodology of sharing scene files between users here on DVINFO as we had done with the Xl2, JVC100, XLH1, etc.

I believe one of them was Cine 4 with HISAT matrix which is one of my favorites. There is also a bit of low key saturation to help pop the colors in darker areas. Another has Cine 2 which is the widest latitude curve and I may have altered the knee setting a bit (which can't be done starting with firmware 1.56).

Again, these were just basic tweaks to get a file sharing workflow established more than the look they create. You wouldn't want to send a file with default settings as a test cause you wouldn't know whether it had succeeded or not.

See the sticky in this forum for a link to some scene files created by Sony.

regards,

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 04:32 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Here are some of my scene files. Kodak film looks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip AC scene files.zip (1.9 KB, 152 views)
Old March 22nd, 2007, 09:49 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Thanks for putting up the files Alister. I downloaded them, but I don't have a program that opens them(Mac guy). How are they used?

Peter
Peter Newsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 12:01 PM   #19
Major Player

Peter, In this thread you can find a link to the sony site where they explain how it works. I've posted a Mac-treatment as well in that thread.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=85983
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2007, 02:53 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks Vincent, Do I have to buy a memory stick reader, or can I do it through the camera's firewire?

Peter
Old March 22nd, 2007, 10:06 PM   #21
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Newsom View Post
Thanks Vincent, Do I have to buy a memory stick reader, or can I do it through the camera's firewire?

Peter
Scene files can only be done via memory stick. And no larger than 128mb at that which is getting hard to find.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2007, 06:07 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Thanks Greg,
I just bought one at a Sony store, and the clerk kind of 'sniffed' when I specified which one I wanted. He asked if I had an older camera. :)
I will try to find an appropriate card reader today.
Old March 24th, 2007, 04:34 AM   #23
Inner Circle

You can only read them with the camera. You put the files in the \MSSONY\PRO\CAMERA\HD_CAM folder of the memory stick, which MUST be formatted in the camera first.
Old March 24th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #24
New Boot

scene file

Gentlemen,what do i have to do to be able to access the scene file posted by
Mr. Greg Boston. just got my F350 and and it would be a great help for me since i'm not much of a technical person and being based here in Jakarta,Indonesia i dont have much access to information in this part of the world.Thanks a lot, appreciate all your generosity.

rene
Rene V. Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 05:39 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman View Post
Here are some of my scene files. Kodak film looks.
Thanks Alister... I'll also give these a try.
I assume that you use these shooting 24p and 1/48 shutter speed?
Brian Jansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts