Mastering / Files Back To XDCAM DISC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 21st, 2006, 10:15 AM   #16
Major Player

It will export exactly what is on the timeline, just as when you export to any other deck.

I've only done this once, no FX, but a few titles and some sound track.
Nigel Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:10 PM   #17
Telecam Films

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Cooper
It will export exactly what is on the timeline, just as when you export to any other deck.

I've only done this once, no FX, but a few titles and some sound track.
Interesting... So this means FCP can write MXF files using Sony's XDCAM MPEG-HD codecs right?

Thierry.

Last edited by Thierry Humeau; October 21st, 2006 at 03:16 PM.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:25 PM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau
Interesting... So this mean FCP can write MXF files using Sony's XDCAM MPEG-HD codecs right?

Bingo! That is correct. And you can place all the supplemental items like scripts, notes, graphics, etc. in the GENERAL directory of the disc. That's your 500mb to do with as you like.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I think the issue with the IMX drive not working with HD is down to the fact that the camera/decks/drives creates the proxies internally when you write a full res clip to the unit. So even a drive must be able to "read" the data in the files to be able to create an appropriate proxy. I am guessing that this is important to maintain the integrity of the disk file structure so that any compatible deck/camera can read the disk correctly.
Old October 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM   #20
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alister Chapman
I think the issue with the IMX drive not working with HD is down to the fact that the...
Aha. Makes perfect sense. I had been searching for a real tech reason why that drive would be limited.

I bet with the new drive coming out, they offload that functionality to the computer; as in the drive will only work with software that will make sure that structure (with proxies generated by computer) happens correctly.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts