XDCAM HD and FireStore (likes) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #16
Wrangler

To answer your question about delivery Vincent, we shot two days and ended up with 112 clips on one disc, and 50 on the second disc. The client uses FCP as do I. He bought a 300GB Maxtor One Touch and gave it to me to dump the footage onto.

I ended up importing all the proxies, selecting everything for import and letting all the HD footage go into a directory on the drive in ready to edit Quicktime format. This is not the efficient use of the XDCAM work flow but I wanted to give the client ready to edit stuff for this time since this was his first use of XDCAM HD in a project.

Normally on OSX, you would use XDCAM Transfer with your proxies as a log and capture interface, only unwrapping and importing the portions of clips between in/out points, thus saving space on your hard drive.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #17
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston
If you elect to go DVCAM out the firewire port, you will indeed get timecode, but as I said, and Nate re-iterated, there is no DV control output that I'm aware of. That's something I will check on for sure.

Let me try not to choke on the feathers as I eat crow. Just tested the camera via FW link using Scenalyzer. Camera is in HD mode and Scenalyzer can start the camera recording. Likewise, pressing record on the camera made Scenalyzer start capturing so there you have it. There is FW DV record control in/out with this camera. This means your Firestore capture idea would work, Vincent.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Greg for finding out!
Vincent Rozenberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts