The case for XDCAM - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old November 4th, 2006, 12:25 PM   #16
Major Player

Nate, you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar. I guess the format I’d like is that which comes off the camera showing the highest quality possible. I have the Sony XDCAM viewer, and Vegas 7, installed on my computer. I have found the odd clip that has been rendered as mov files; interesting but not the real thing.

Thanks so much.
John McCully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #17
Wrangler

http://homepage.mac.com/nweaver/.Public/C0020.MXF.zip

Hope you like cats.
Old November 4th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McCully
I am listening to you all. Reading everything I can find. I truly appreciate all the fine writing right here, from all of you, and I'm more than impressed. But seriously, before I plonk down that kind of money...

Footage; untouched off the camera is what I want to see. Is that unreasonable?

Thanks folks, I know I'm asking a lot, and I promise to return the favor in due course.
John, I would be happy to oblige you with footage but I have a lens issue at the moment. Nate has put up a link for you to grab a quick file from.

When I said "don't listen to us", I meant that rather tongue in cheek. Of course I hope you listen to us! I hope you don't interpret that as confrontational because that wasn't my intent. I was trying to respond to your hesitations about image quality with a rather solid endorsement from Discovery HD. I think they would be harder on grading our Sony F330/350 footage than any of us would.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts