Audio settings on F330/350 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old October 29th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Telecam Films

Audio settings on F330/350

I am a bit puzzled by a couple of the audio settings in the maintenance menu.

Maintenance Settings 01 / Audio-1: AU CH12 AGC MODE. I don't quite understand how this works.

Maintenance Settings 02 / Audio-2: AU OUT LIMITER. Which audio output is that affecting? The analog audio out connectors on the camera? Why would you want to have a limiter on those anyway?

Also, in Maintenance Settings 01 / Audio-1, I like to have Audio CH1 LEVEL set to F+S1 so I can have good control of audio level while shooting by using the front level pot. When using a wireless mic in the CA-WR855 housing, this setting gets ignored and audio control reverts to SIDE 1. Has anyone seen this?

Thierry.
Thierry Humeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 12:35 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau
I am a bit puzzled by a couple of the audio settings in the maintenance menu.

Maintenance Settings 01 / Audio-1: AU CH12 AGC MODE. I don't quite understand how this works.

Maintenance Settings 02 / Audio-2: AU OUT LIMITER. Which audio output is that affecting? The analog audio out connectors on the camera? Why would you want to have a limiter on those anyway?

Also, in Maintenance Settings 01 / Audio-1, I like to have Audio CH1 LEVEL set to F+S1 so I can have good control of audio level while shooting by using the front level pot. When using a wireless mic in the CA-WR855 housing, this setting gets ignored and audio control reverts to SIDE 1. Has anyone seen this?

Thierry.
Yes I have seen the S1 bug. First time I encountered that I thought I was crazy. No amound of twiddling would change the level! I think there's a bug, too, because when I set it to F+S1 the F know doesn't work even with a rear connection. Go figure.

The AGC mode stymies me. I think its for when you set the level control at the side to Auto or in EZ mode. The AGC kicks in the limiter (set at -6 or ??) and if its mono the pots have a minimal effect on each channel whereas the stereo mode clamps down both channels evenly.

The AU Out Limiter is weird. Haven't seen that one before on any previous Sony cam I've worked with ;-)

best,
-GReg
Greg Penetrante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:34 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry Humeau
This basically binds the two stereo channels together from an AGC standpoint. IOW, in this mode, a loud sound on ch1 or ch2 will bring both the channel levels down to bring the offending signal inline.

In the other mode, with a stereo mix, ch1 and ch2 are separate from an AGC standpoint and a loud sound on ch1 would only affect ch1's level. Ditto for ch2.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 07:54 AM   #4
New Boot

Hallo to everyone,
Can anybody tell me if this bug has been removed after new firmware?

Josip Ruzic, Croatia
Josip Ruzic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts