What Lens to buy for the F330? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old January 14th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #31
Trustee

sorry...but you get the point!
Old January 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #32
Major Player

yes, that's why I don't think that 2/3" lenses, via an adapter, work that well to cover the wide focal lengths that you may need on a 1/2" chip camera. It's hard to get 4mm to 5mm equivalent angle of view from a 2/3" lens.
Bob Willis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Willis
yes, that's why I don't think that 2/3" lenses, via an adapter, work that well to cover the wide focal lengths that you may need on a 1/2" chip camera. It's hard to get 4mm to 5mm equivalent angle of view from a 2/3" lens.
Exactly, while I was waiting for the Fuji 1/2 HS18X5.5BERM with 2X extender to be released Fuji lent me a 2/3 18X5.5 and my Sony dealer provided the adaptor. It was OK on the long end but shooting wide I found my self constantly backing up trying to get wide enough. I found it very frustrating to work with and would recommend trying it first if your thinking of going that way.

cheers

Morton
Morton Molyneux is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts