F330 Menu Recipes - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Closed Thread

Old December 25th, 2006, 06:16 AM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham
But if there is indeed a way of accessing the service menu without switching the dip switches then I think there is no harm in posting it.
Unless the manufacturer doesn't want you to. Recall when I asked you for the gamma curve information you had on the F350 via private mail. You said the Sony guys didn't want the information shared, and so you didn't. You honored their wishes. I'm only asking the same courtesy be applied to information regarding service menu access. If Sony doesn't want that information to be made public, then we should honor that.

-gb-
Old December 25th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #17
Trustee

Absolutely Greg. If a Sony employee asks you not to, then we have to respect that. Don't worry, I fully agree with you on that.

However, if someone has the service manual and has purchased it themselves, then that person is free to post that information. I reckon I could find out how to do it myself :-) There are some important settings that would be useful if they were in the main menus rather than the service ones.
Old December 25th, 2006, 12:13 PM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Wyndham
Absolutely Greg. If a Sony employee asks you not to, then we have to respect that. Don't worry, I fully agree with you on that.

However, if someone has the service manual and has purchased it themselves, then that person is free to post that information. I reckon I could find out how to do it myself :-) There are some important settings that would be useful if they were in the main menus rather than the service ones.
Thanks for understanding, Simon. And that's something I failed to mention earlier. Having access to the service menus without the accompanying service manuals is dangerous territory.

I don't believe you'll find that access key combo in the service manual. It leans toward the remove the cover method. And even if you purchased the service manuals, you should not post the information in public view. But you are correct in that there is stuff there that can help maintain a consistent look across multiple cameras. Or as was mentioned by another owner, a consistent look from shooting one season of episodic television to the next season after a long hiatus.

-gb-
Old December 25th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #19
Obstreperous Rex

Greg has perfectly summed up the DV Info Net position. Case closed. Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old December 25th, 2006, 12:49 PM   #20
Wrangler

I tend to agree. And there are some safeguards in there as you say. But I am just trying to honor Sony America's wish for the information to not be made public. Sony UK may feel differently. They were more aggressive than Sony America wrt releasing the firmware and software updates.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to you and all.

-gb-
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts