De-saturation issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 3rd, 2007, 01:56 PM   #1
New Boot

De-saturation issue

Hello XDCAM HD Users,

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems with major de-saturation when shooting HD HQ and then loading via a deck in SD (into an Avid)? It comes out very, very de-saturated (not a little, but a lot) even when it was shot in Hi-Sat mode and looked quite saturated in the camera and on a field monitor (properly set). This isn't from only one camera only, either, but several cameras with various settings. Now, I don't have the deck here with me, as I'm out shooting far away, but I was wondering if anybody has had any similar problem and thus has some information that might help improve this?

Thanks!
R
Rachael Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #2
Wrangler

Since we don't know how you're going from deck/SD downconversion to Avid, it's hard to even list anything to check, but I'd look for an issue between deck and Avid.

I've ever seen anything like that in my work.
Old February 5th, 2007, 08:30 AM   #3
New Boot

Yes, how are you getting from the deck into the avid? thru a mojo? we need to know in order to help you.

I would think that its a faulty component cable, or maybe your input settings in the avid? Maybe its a setting in the deck?

Does the picture look right on the screen on the deck?

Look for the obvious easy answer first. I have never had a problem like this.
Matt Trecartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 04:53 PM   #4
New Boot

De-Saturation

Thanks for the input. I'm not there, I'm quite far away, so I don't know exactly what's happening. It is into an Adrenalin and not through a mojo. I was more wondering if anyone else has experienced something like that with a downconvert from a deck, to know if this is a common issue or some issue with the set-up.
Rachael Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #5
Major Player

we're not seeing any significant de-saturation issues on downconverted footage ... you may want to have your deck checked out as it could be a hardware issue.
Andy Mees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #6
New Boot

De-Saturation

Dear Andy,

Thanks for the suggestion. That is a very good point. I'm glad to know nobody else is seeing this issue.

Best,
R
Rachael Rowan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts