FCP to XDCam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old February 3rd, 2007, 10:56 PM   #1
Regular Crew

FCP to XDCam

I've ingested some HDV footage from a Z1U and now want to export it to my 350. I've set the sequence settings to the values that my cam is set to, but when I export, I only get 1080i60 (25 Mb/d CBR) in the drop down menu. When I attempt to export in that manner, I get this:

"The preset 'Sony XDCAM HD - 1080i60 (25 Mb/s CBR)' is not installed on this system!"

Hmmm.

So, just to test things out, I then tried to import some b-roll from a disc and get this:

"Failed to convert the proxy at 'C0017.MXF' (-43)"

Argh. What's happening? Importing was just fine yesterday.
Matthew Ernest Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:18 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I've gotten past my original problem and have met another. Once I selected the "current settings" in the pull-down, it began to SLOWLY transfer, but stopped at the end and gave another very helpful message:

"Export failed"

No reason, nothing. When exporting very short clips, it still takes a long time, but it will sometimes export successfully.

I'm using FCP 5.1.2 with an iMac 2GHz Duo, 1GB of RAM and multiple scratch disks. My CPU is using an amazing 186% while writing the files and then it transfers via the XDCAM Exporter program very quickly.

Any ideas? Sorry to beg, but deadlines loom.
Matthew Ernest Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2007, 12:24 AM   #3
Wrangler

Have you installed anything else on your system codec wise since it was working? I say this because I was having an issue where no thumbnails would show up and import was taking a long time in the transfer software and cpu was spiking up like you describe.

A friend came over to help sort things out but we ended up re-installing OSX and all was good until...I re-installed 3IVX version 4.5 and wham, problem came back. Removal of the of 3IVX restored the system to normal.

I guess what I am saying is that you may have a conflict. Also, don't forget to try the two most frequent fixes, repairing disk permissions and trashing FCP preferences.

Sorry, that's the only two things I can suggest.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts