My little experience at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old March 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #1
New Boot

My little experience

Hi all, I just wanted to drop a little info about my experience with the 330. The station that I work for just picked one of these up for our department and I have had a few opportunities now to work with the camera and I have to say WOW. I am shocked at how good the image looks for a 1/2" chip camera. So far I have primarily done green-screen work with it and again, it has exceeded expectations. Initially I had some worries about how well it would key with the 4:2:0 color space, but thus far the keys have been easy to pull, and that's with the simple chromakeyer in Final Cut Pro and less than perfect lighting conditions. I have a good bit of chromakey experience over the years, it's kind of a specialty for me, and this camera is as good a choice for that type work as any I have dealt with.

I have a couple of big projects coming up that will put the camera through it's paces, but now I am a lot more confident in how the camera will handle. Also, I love the work flow. I just thought that I would share this, in case someone out there is looking for this kind of input or is on the fence about the 330 or 350.

Last edited by Cliff Wallace; March 28th, 2007 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Spelling
Cliff Wallace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:57 AM   #2
Major Player

Nice post, it's good to get the view of someone who knows what they are doing with chromakey
Steve Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Good to hear, I'm getting ready to purchase three 350s for my company..
Greg Patch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #4
2nd Unit TV

Sony, for NAB, is editing together some of the best XDCAM footage available so you might want to make it a stop on your tour of the convention in April to see some excellent examples of 1/2" work.
Jonathan Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Wallace View Post
So far I have primarily done green-screen work with it and again, it has exceeded expectations. Initially I had some worries about how well it would key with the 4:2:0 color space, but thus far the keys have been easy to pull, and that's with the simple chromakeyer in Final Cut Pro and less than perfect lighting conditions.
That's good to hear, Cliff, and welcome to DVINFO BTW. If your station will set up a component HD capture card, you can pull even cleaner keys by taking the component HD straight out of the camera.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #6
Inner Circle

I did a big HD blue screen shoot with my F350 a couple of weeks ago. All shot 25P, 1/50th shutter in a large studio with a 3 wall coved cyc. The end results look amazing. Clean keys with lots of detail. The only slight problem was with one person who had a glossy black suit that was reflecting the blue, but this would have been an issue with any format.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts