What camera would be the best option for indie filmmaking? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts

Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts
Sony PDW-F800, PDW-700, PDW-850, PXW-X500 (XDCAM HD) and PMW-400, PMW-320 (XDCAM EX).

Old June 15th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #16
Inner Circle

HDV can produce stunning results. There are certainly big differences in the amount of artifacts produced at 50i and 60i. The lower frame rates 50i, 25p and 24p tend to look cleaner than 60i. Much of the time HDV does a good job, but if you are really serious about producing professional results you have to ask to do want a camera that work well in many circumstances or a camera that works well all the time?

You also need to consider whether you want, or need 720 or 1080? The trend for production is to shoot in 1080. Certainly if you shoot 1080 you can then produce 720 output. Many broadcasters are insisting on 1080 and as more and more 1080 native TV's come on the market do you really want to have your material to be 720?
Old June 15th, 2007, 07:43 PM   #17
New Boot

"You also need to consider whether you want, or need 720 or 1080? The trend for production is to shoot in 1080. Certainly if you shoot 1080 you can then produce 720 output. Many broadcasters are insisting on 1080 and as more and more 1080 native TV's come on the market do you really want to have your material to be 720?

Thanks Alister, this is very understandable way to clear the ideas about the camera's specs. As well as the low frame rate in the shooting.
In this way, working with hdv, hd or xdcam's mpeg it will demands a specific camera settings for either broadcast or cinema final output.

Octavio Gasca
Octavio Gasca is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony ENG / EFP Shoulder Mounts